React native or Swift which one is best for individual iPhone Apps Development?
This article is targeting for the individual developer and not a hybrid development vs native or not developing to the both the platform.
When to use Swift ?
- Native core functionalities usage like ARKit, ML kit etc.
- When App is not having much UI work, Only background work is more.
- App is not a form based App.
- When you are targeting only iOS apps.
Benefits of swift: Faster, Easy to code, Easy to learn, More native APIs support.
Cons: Complex UI takes more time, Customisation of the UI is not very easy & No Hot reloading feature.
When to use React Native
- Form based App.
- Only UI is the major part.
- Frequent changes of the UI.
Benefits of react native: Faster UI Development, Easy to code, Works for both iOS and android, Hot reloading is there, UI can be updated Remotely.
Cons: Even-though it executes native components. not faster as swift, No all native APIs supports, Need to depend on third party frameworks and libraries.
Conclusion : So it depends upon the type of the project you are gonna build, both holds good in respective way.